Friday, March 8, 2013

These Are a Few of My Favorite Blogs



I've discovered some awesome blogs over the past few months- typically by pure accident, just Googling up ideas and beliefs I like and seeing what comes up (feminism, homemaking, and Christianity together being a common thing I've been looking up). Here are a few of them. Enjoy!

1. Ladies Against Feminist/Beautiful Womanhood This isn't a new blog by far, and it's pretty well known, but I had to include it! It probably deserves to top the list the most (although the rest aren't really in order), and it's one of the first I originally stumbled upon. They hit many good points and ideas our society is badly in need of hearing.

2. Generation Cedar Almost ties with LAF, as they are very similar, but I prefer LAF slightly (I think GC occasionally comes off as too condemning of women, even if it doesn't mean to, but it has most excellent beliefs, recipes, etc.).

3. Forgiven Former Feminist A very excellent young woman's blog with an equally excellent testimony- how many feminists have you ever met that actually turned their way of thinking completely around? I love her way of thinking now!

4. Heart at Home You know, I totally forgot how I found this one, despite it being only a few days ago when I did. I think I was looking up something about lemongrass? Well, either way, she's another great Christian blogger with great recipe ideas. I'm becoming a tip hoarder (frugal tips, craft tips, organizing tips, I love 'em all) and she has sooo many good ones.

5. Aspiring Homemaker Discovered yesterday thanks to HaH. Very pleasing to look at- like seeing a Victorian painting postcard! She enjoys the simple life and if you didn't know better, you'd think she and her home stepped right out of the early 20th century.

6. Raising Olives I LOVE big families! This is always fun to read, especially as she homeschools her kids, something not uncommon with big Christian families but I have always found very interesting.

7. Domestic Felicity An articulate Jewish homemaker living in Israel with a strong Biblical view on feminism, pro-life issues, and femininity, discovered thanks to LAF. I love reading her political posts so much, as she is both a solid and graceful writer.

8. Deep Roots at Home Ahh, I almost forgot this, but how could I?! This is also a very recent favorite. She mostly posts about gardening, home remedies, recipes, etc. (and they are great) but the first posts I originally discovered were a series about modesty (which I'm still reading). They are wonderful and give good advice about what to wear in summer, for errands, around the house, etc.... in skirts! Yes, this has helped motivate me to wear skirts more. (Unfortunately it's still too cold to wear any here, but I am pretty well prepared for summer and spring!)

9. Couture For Christ OK, this is actually a fashion blog, but it's still one of my favorites. It's just such a shame Southern Belle, the blogger, hasn't made a post since over 2 years ago (can't believe it's been that long!). CFC was one of my first favorite blogs. She's very into all that is tasteful, feminine, and classic, another big Victorian fan here. I really hope she comes back, but in the meantime, there's still plenty for me to read on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment