So, once again, I've been pretty lazy about writing. A few months lazy, in fact. Well, I think God wants me to try writing more, so that's what I'll do.
But inspiration for a subject rarely hits me. I usually only feel like writing when I'm either annoyed at something, or it's something fun, like clothes and makeup (see my other blog for details). Plus, when you're annoyed or angered, it's kind of hard to write fairly and respectfully.
But I will try to make a point to write at least 1-2 times a week, and not just one short paragraph or anything. I don't believe in New Year's Revolutions, partly because I never even think of making any, but also because you shouldn't do that once a year. You should ALWAYS try to make changes for the better! So although it's well after New Year's Day, here's a few of mine:
1. Write weekly in this blog, not only to be informative but keep my writing muscle strong. It's also good for venting.
2. Exercise EVERY day. Doesn't matter how tired I am. Just listening to music in my room and practicing my dancing is a start. After that it'll be easier to do more stuff like Piloxing.
3. Develop more patience. As if this isn't hard enough in real life for most people, it's ever so much more trying online. So in relation to #1, whenever I feel the need to tell someone off as rudely as they are being to me, I'll take a quick break to listen to some songs and do some cardio. It's a great destressor and gives me time to think through what I want to say. This will also help my relationship with my dad, because I know I do get very impatient with him.
4. Eat better. This is very hard considering my dad buys pop and stuff that is less than healthy for you, and if you put it in the fridge, chances are I WILL eat it! It's not even that we hate healthy foods; quite the opposite, we love them. I noticed how much more satisfied I felt after eating carrot and celery sticks as opposed to chips, which fill you up but don't satisfy you.
5. Write in my "question" journal every day. We're taking a class called "Hearing God's Voice" at church Wednesday nights and just trying it for 2 days has me convinced it works- if you're willing to be patient and try.